The health insurance and benefits industry is undergoing rapid digital transformation. Today, most people choose, enroll, and utilize their benefits not by calling insurance carriers or reviewing paper forms, but by using HR and benefits software. Behind the scenes, Ideon’s APIs make this modern benefits experience possible. We’re powering an entire industry forward, delivering the speed, transparency, and efficiency that today’s consumers expect.
Ideon is seeking a skilled and dynamic Director of Enrollment Operations to lead and scale our Enrollment Operations team. In this role, you will be responsible for building and managing a team of operations and support analysts who handle the configuration, support, issue resolution, and error processing related to EDI and API data connections between Ideon platforms and insurance carriers.
For this role, we are open to remote candidates anywhere in the U.S. Ideon is headquartered in NYC with a second office in Omaha, NE. This role reports to the SVP of Operations.
In this role you will:
- Develop and grow a scaleable, high performing team of enrollment professionals.
- Create an exceptional client experience while delivering on high quality, timely results throughout each step of the process.
- Advocate for the team providing guidance, support, and training to ensure the team has the necessary skills and resources to excel in their roles.
- Establish and achieve industry leading performance metrics and objectives that engage the team and delight customers.
- Work closely with the product and engineering teams to seamlessly integrate data connections within our software platform and optimize tools which drive timeliness, accuracy, and satisfaction.
- Develop and implement best practices and ensure the team leverages these to deliver high quality customer experiences at scale.
- Establish processes to investigate and troubleshoot complex data issues, collaborating with the team to identify root cause, encouraging an environment of continuous process improvement.
- Act as an escalation point for critical issues, coordinating with customers, internal teams, and insurance carriers to ensure timely resolution.
- Operationalize quality control and audit functions to identify areas for improvement, address compliance issues, and mitigate risks associated with data connections.
- Develop and maintain operational metrics, reports, and dashboards to monitor the performance and effectiveness of enrollment operations.
- Present findings and recommendations to senior leadership, contributing to strategic decision-making and growth of Ideon’s enrollment solution.
- Overseeing all aspects of the client journey, ensuring a seamless, high quality experience from configuration of new data connections through day-to-day issue resolution.
- Proactively manage client relationships, ensuring highest level of satisfaction with Ideon services.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Proven experience (8+ years) in a leadership role managing a remote, high performing team, preferably within the insurance or technology industry.
- Strong knowledge of EDI and API technologies and their application in insurance enrollment processes.
- Familiarity with insurance industry standards and regulations related to data connections, such as HIPAA, 834 and LDEx.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire a team to achieve challenging goals, while delighting customers.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail.
- A proactive and results-oriented mindset, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to think and ideate strategically, while jumping in when needed to deliver tactically for our customers.
- 5+ years managing complex, technical client-focused operations.
- Have experience with JIRA, Zendesk, Salesforce or other CRM.
Salary range: $140,000 to $160,000 with a bonus up to 10% of your salary.
What we do:
Ideon is the way health insurance carriers and employee benefits providers connect with new technology partners to deliver seamless consumer experiences at every stage of the member journey. We are not the websites or apps you use to choose a plan or find a doctor. We are the infrastructure, the ‘pipes,’ that allows InsurTech platforms and health insurance and benefits carriers to exchange data accurately, efficiently, securely, and at scale—improving the way benefits are quoted, sold, enrolled, managed, and utilized. Our APIs transmit billions of data points, powering an amazing benefits experience for all. Faster. Better. Awesomely.
Who we are:
We are a group of people who love a good API and all it can do. We are insurance geeks, systems gurus, data wonks, sales & marketing execs, product leads, finance whizzes, and admin pros—all determined to bring efficiency, transparency, and connectivity to the health insurance and benefits industry.
Our benefits include:
– 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision for you and your dependents.
– Voluntary benefits such as hospital, accident, critical illness, short-term disability, and legal.
– Employee assistance program (EAP)
– Healthcare and dependent care FSA (Flexible Spending Account).
– Flexible PTO policy: take time off without worrying about accruals or carryovers.
– Pre-tax commuting benefits.
– Home office allowance so you can work comfortably wherever you are.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful reference and background checks.